Gas Fireplace Service, Repair and Installation
Redi Rooter Gas Fireplace Installation etc
Gas fireplaces are wonderful! When compared to traditional wood-burning fireplaces, you’ll find that gas fireplaces offer plenty of perks and conveniences that you don’t enjoy with a wood-burning unit.
A gas fireplace runs on either natural gas on propane. Both are efficient and can keep you and your family warm and toasty, especially on cold Canadian nights. And they even work during power outages!
It’s necessary, however, for these fireplaces to be maintained in good-working condition in order for you to get the most out of your unit as well as for the safety of your household.
BC Redi Rooter is happy to offer a basic package for the maintenance of your natural or propane gas fireplace. Our service includes:
- Safety check – We make sure that all elements are working properly so that there is no danger to you, your family, or your home.
- Wiring inspection – We’ll inspect all the wiring involved in the function of your gas fireplace.
- Inspect seal – If the safety seal is deteriorated, harmful gases can permeate your home. We
inspect and replace the seal, as needed.
- Inspect firebox – We take a close look at the firebox to make sure it has no cracked or damaged bricks.
- Inspect burner – Poorly adjusted fireplaces can plug burner holes, causing delayed ignition and damage to the door, seal, and more. We’ll make sure that doesn’t happen.
- Check flame safety – Our technician makes sure the flame is adjusted properly.
- Clean pilot orifice – A clogged orifice will halt the operation of your gas fireplace. Cleaning the
tube to the fireplace can keep it in good working condition.
- Clean primary intake – We’ll inspect and clean the air intake ports and make adjustments or repairs as needed.
- Clean glass – Natural gas leaves deposits on your glass doors. Cleaning them allows for heat and light to penetrate the room, and clean, clear doors provide you with the ambiance you seek.
- Test for gas leaks – Gas leaks can be fatal for your family. We can find the source of a leak quickly and also help spot problems that could eventually cause leaks.
For more information on our gas fireplace maintenance and installation services, call the experts at BC Redi Rooter.